Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Who am I and why should I write this blog

First let me introduce myself. I'm a 55 year old guy who loves food. I'm also a trained chef and have worked in restaurants, so I know a little about food and what it takes to make food. I also live in Naperville, IL and have opinions about what is going on here. Naperville is the 6th largest city in Illinois and when you combine Aurora and Naperville, it becomes the second largest area. That is a lot of people and a lot of opportunities.

Unfortunately, Naperville sort of fails us all. Because of greed and Naperville's willingness to accept drek, we have a downtown that attracts boring cookie cutter restaurants that cater to the college kids rather than to the food.

I should also state that there are good places in Naperville. I also believe that it doesn't have to be fine dining either. I happen to like places like Dino's and Portillo's for fast food. I like Buonaro's for casual dining as well. I don't need too crowded, too loud, too high priced dining.

My opinions are mine and mine alone. I don't accept anything from anyone. And I hope to call 'em the way I see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment