Friday, January 29, 2010

Olive Tap-Downers Grove

Last weekend we were wandering around and happened through downtown Downers Grove. I noticed a new(er) store on the south end of town called "Olive Tap". We went in and found a cool little store that sells Olive Oil! All kinds of olive oil as well as balsamic vinegars. There were about a number of different olive oils, such as the organic Tunisian olive oil we purchased as well as infused oils. The balsamics were also very cool. I think there were two or so 'normal' balsamics and then a bunch of flavored balsamics. We bought a very nice heavy balsamic that we tried that night with a good hearty cheese. It was heaven. I also liked the red apple balsamic, but thought two was a good start. There are other goodies in the store and is a great stop.

The store is located at 5151 Main St. Downer Grove and is located down the street from Bally Doyles. I understand they are moving around the corner to 5143 Mochel Dr. in the Spring. They are a part of a three stores, one in Long Grove and the other in Medina OH. The web page is at www.theolivetap.com.

I expect we will be back soon. I can see a small collection of their bottles in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment