Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Distinctive Cork - Pricy but worth it

I saw an item on Facebook about an event and it happened my wife was working from home and I asked if she wanted to go to Distinctive Cork. We've been a number of times and like it, and so we went. I forget about Distinctive Cork and I'm always sorry I do each time we go.

This isn't a neighborhood joint. It is a classy wine bar and restaurant. If you want a crowded, noisy place where the food is just adequate, but you are paying for a well known name, then you won't like it. But if you are looking for a relatively romantic place with a fabulous wine list (all by the glass!!!) with a very nice menu, then this is it. It isn't cheap, but the value of the wine and food are spot on.

The Distinctive Cork is located on Gartner off of Washington in the Naperville Plaza Shopping Center (Casey's and Trader Joe's). They do lunch, but I've never been there. They open for dinner at 5pm. They make a wonderful Cheese tray and pair that with a flight tasting and it is the start of a great evening. They have music on select Fridays and Saturdays. Check out their web page at www.distinctivecork.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment