Monday, March 15, 2010

Pizza Fusion-Naperville Closed?!?

I just read in the Naperville Sun that the Pizza Fusion on 75th Street closed. I'm a little shocked because I thought the food was very good, it had a good hook (organic, gluten free etc), a great location, pretty interior and adequate parking. So why did it close. We were there about a month ago and it was packed on a Friday or Saturday night. It wasn't a big space and probably that was a problem, but frankly it looked like it would do well.

It is one thing to say that a hook like being organic and all might not work in Naperville. But thereshould be enough people that will go for that. Naperville isn't a very trendy eating city (OK, it isn't trendy at all). The important point to me was although it was a nice hook, but the food was very good. I have a taste for a PF pizza right now.

So I doubt it was for lack of business or a bad location. I can only assume either Naperville can't really support a place like this or some bad business management. It is too bad, it was a cute, fun restaurant with good food. I'll miss it.

3 comments:

  1. We just discovered Pizza Fusion a couple months ago, and were disappointed when we went there this evening and saw the "closed -- out of business" sign in the door.

    We were there a few weeks ago on a Monday evening, and at about 6pm we were the only people there -- our guess is that they just weren't busy enough to pay the rent.

    Meatheads next door did seem to be packed tonight. ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assume they went out of business due to the high cost of getting everything done eco-friendly, as we ordered out from there nearly weekly and every time we went to pick up there was a decent crowd. The upfront costs of starting the biz were probably too high for a restaurant...that is a tough business to be in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm it appears like your website ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm thoroughly
    enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any tips and hints for rookie blog writers? I'd genuinely appreciate
    it.

    my page :: link building link ()

    ReplyDelete