Thursday, April 1, 2010

Cheap Eats - Eggsperience, Naperville

This is a local chain of breakfast/lunch places in the Chicago area with one recently opening up in Naperville (75th near route 59, near Whole Foods). Ok it is a breakfast place. But it isn't pretentious or too loud, not too fancy, not too hip, not too cheap looking. We like it and think most people would. The decor is wake me up yellow. If I want fancy restaurant, I can pay for fancy restaurant. This is just right for a morning. Service is very good and food came out fast, again one more important thing with breakfast. The food is very good and the mix of items is pretty basic, but nicely handled. My wife wanted something a little different on the menu and they said sure. I like that in a quick, fast place.

My only downside is the coffee. It seemed strong, like very strong. Like too strong for me. If I wanted espresso, I can order it (which they have). They give you a pot (again I like that) and a carafe of water (gotta like that too). The first pot smelled burnt to me, like it was overcooked. We complained and the server brought us another pot. It was ok, but so strong. She said they do have really strong coffee. The next visit we just didn't order coffee, but that was afternoon. I'm not sure what to do the next time.

This is a keeper. Quick, casual, not too loud (we could sit in our booth and talk normally even with a full house). Food is great, service is great and fast. And it is breakfast. We haven't tried it for lunch but it looked pretty good on the menu.

Here is there web site: http://www.eggsperiencecafe.com/

1 comment:

  1. I tried The Cook's Calling omelet there the other day, good stuff.

    ReplyDelete